Not all fitness trainers come from the same mold, and like all industries there are always a few bad apples. If you are currently training with a fitness trainer, here are some traits that you should look for to see if you have one of those bad apples.
1. They are not good listeners
2. They interrupt you in the middle of your sentences
3. They show up late enough for you to notice (red flag no.1)
4. They do not plan your fitness workouts and just wing it every time
5. They talk, text or answer their cell phones during your session
6. They are number counters and are so far away from you that they could be training someone else
7. They do not practice what they preach
8. They talk to you about their problems (red flag no 2)
9. They do not have great client retention
10. They cancel sessions more than once per month with you (red flag no.3)
If your trainer has some of these traits, maybe you should consider firing them, or bringing it to their attention. You are paying them, it is not the other way around. Veteran professionals do not do this because they have learned that great customer service is the key to any successful business. Hire a a veteran Portland personal trainer who has years of experience in the industry and has been successful at this career.